Greetings Please Read

My name is Philip Lee-Dixon

I hold a doctorate in Religious Philosophy at the ULC, Modesto California. I have been reading tarot cards for about 35 years.


Through a gamer friend of mine I found the Dishonored Tarot Deck. Widely regarded as a novelty deck with no spiritual or divinitory meanings these were dispensed as a promotional tool for a video game called Dishonored, released in 2013 by Arkane Studios .  Because the deck does not follow the standard illustrations or style of the time honored deck(s) their use in tarot reading has been chided , mocked or ignored. I see no reason why these cards cannot be used in tarot reading. In fact they bring many variants not found in standard decks.


At this time I have found only one web site which contains any definitions or explanations . I invite you to read over the material at the wiki and familiarize yourself with the interpretation's listed there. I agree with some of their alignments and disagree with others.


Herein I will share my own thoughts and feelings concerning divination with these cards and how they might be used by serious readers.


I am not now nor have I ever been a gamer. But I know plenty of them, that's how I found the deck.

It should be noted that I have not played the game. Nor do I wish to at this time. I know nothing of these characters as they play out in the video game Dishonored.  It is my intention to simply interpret and assign  possible meanings to these cards based on the cards as they stand.

Tarot readings are powerful and persistent tools for divination. There are many ways to use these. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of books and websites which teach the art of tarot readings.  I use the Celtic Cross for full reading and a three card draw for simple questions. I have included no information on "How to read tarot" as there is nothing I can add to the material already out there- except to say practice. Painting, piano playing and card reading all require practice to become a maestro .


I strongly recommend Biddy Tarot for serious students. For those who want a quick demonstration of various spreads please try Facade.



I am presently disabling comments however you are free to email me with any thoughts, which I will publish with your permission. .



Thanks!



Philip Dixon-Lee